· Entry fee £40 per team – please pay in full at registration
· Your entry fee includes a strip of raffle tickets
· Additional raffle tickets can be purchased at £5 per strip
· Please purchase your raffle tickets before or after your round – draw at 7.30pm
· All proceeds will go towards the Odd Shaped Ball fund – helping to support the development of junior golf in Peebles.
Handicaps & Tees
· Your team handicap will be 15% of the combined handicaps
· If you do not currently have an official handicap please use your most recent handicap (maximum 24)
· Play is from white tees for men; yellow tees for Under-12s; red tees for ladies (please check out the signs on the holes for any other allocated tees)
· The event format is Texas Scramble – with the odd twist! For the holes not detailed below, normal Texas Scramble rules apply. Choose your best then each player plays from that spot. Choose your best second shot then each player plays from that spot and so on until you finish the hole.
· For balls on the fairway, players should place within 6 inches of the marker no nearer the hole. For balls in the rough, players should drop within one club length of the marker, no nearer the hole.
· Please note the different formats for the 4th and 8th holes!
· Each player must have 3 counting drives – please mark which player’s drive you have used at each hole (A, B, C or D). The drive on the 4th hole does not count as a selected drive.
· Team prizes will be awarded to the leading 6 teams based on nett scores.
· Nearest the pin prizes will be awarded to the individuals who are closest to the holes at the designed holes – please mark your name and distance from the pin in Metres (e.g. 1.23m)
· Longest drive prize will be awarded to the individual who hits the longest drive at the designated hole – Ladies at the 9th; Gents at the 18th.
1st - Nearest the Pin Team Bet
Bet £1 each for nearest the pin – if no one hits the green the money is donated to the Odd Shaped Ball fund!
2nd - Play from the Blue Junior Tee
Walk up towards the bunker for a shorter 2nd hole!
3rd - Seniors Bus Pass
Seniors (aged 65+) play from the forward tee – everyone else from the back Black Tee! (Ladies still play from the red tee)
4th - Alternate Shot Format
Only the person with the LOWEST handicap in the team tees off, then players should take alternate shots until the hole is completed
5th - AS Duncan 1-iron Challenge
Tee off with the 1980s 1-iron blade!
Nearest the pin in two prize
7th - Nearest the Pin
For the Big Easy’s wine!
8th- Last Man (or Woman) Standing Elimination Hole
All drive off – whoever’s drive you choose then drops out. Whoever’s 2nd shot you choose then drops out. Whoever’s 3rd shot you choose drops out. The player left standing then completes the hole!
9th - Ladies Longest Drive
Earn your Solheim Cup Cap & ASI Ladies Scottish Open Cap
10th - Roll the Dice
The team captain rolls the dice on the tee to determine how your team plays the 10th hole
12th - Nearest the Pin
Then left-handed putter!
13th- One Club Challenge
Each player in the team must use the SAME nominated club in their bag for this hole e.g. all use a 7-iron
14th - Where’s the Flag?
Guess the pin position…
15th - Nearest the Pin in Two
But you’re playing from the back tee! (Gents only)
16th - Nearest the Pin ClubGolf Challenge
Test your skills with plastic clubs and tennis balls!
17th - Greenkeepers Revenge!
A testing pin position. All objects are immovable and any ball that comes to rest must be taken as a penalty drop 2 club lengths.
18th - Gents Longest Drive & Davie Putter
With a twist…then use the putter provided when you reach the green