On Wednesday 16 May the club will be staging a qualifying competition for the R&A 9-Hole Championship, with the chance to win a place at Carnoustie in the final. This exciting new event will also be played in conjunction with the inaugural Maureen Haig Memorial Salver, open to women, women and juniors with a handicap limited of 36 and 28.
• Nominate your partner before the day of play and add your names as a pair on the sheet provided
• You may play alongside your partner but you cannot play as just a two-ball – you must compete within a three-ball with one other player. If competing in same group players in the same team must not give advice or mark each other’s card.
• You do not have to play with your partner but you both must take part in the competition
• A player’s 9-Hole handicap allowance will be calculated by our club system’s software using the following formula. [Exact Handicap + Nine-Hole SSS – (Nine-Hole Par x2)] / 2.
• The scoring format is 9-hole net stableford
• Each player must register a 9-hole stableford score
• The winning team will be the highest combined stableford points score
• In the event of a tie, the team with the highest individual score will be the winners
• In the scores are still tied, there will be a card countback on the highest winning score – last 6 holes, last 3 holes, last hole
• The competition is open to men and women with a CONGU handicap
• Teams can be made up of two men, two women or a man and a woman
• One junior can play with an adult
• You must be available to play the next round on 14/15 June 2018
• The final is on Sat 14 July 2018
• The winning pairing will qualify to play in the R&A 9-Hole Championship Scottish Final which will take place at Milnathort Golf Club on 14 or 15 June (players can nominate their preferred date from the two date options).
• The leading two teams from each day of the final, based on combined net stableford 9-hole scores, will win a place in the R&A 9-Hole Championship Final at Carnoustie on Saturday 14 July – on the eve of The Open Championship.
THE WINNING PAIR AT PEEBLES WILL WIN THE INAUGURAL MAUREEN HAIG MEMORIAL SALVER
Further details of the R&A 9-Hole Championship can be found on the link below.